1. You can get work done
2. You are less distracted and can focus on whatever deserves your focus.
3. Others perceive you as “taking care of business” (whatever that ‘business’ is).
4. You can find what you’re working on.
5. Your peace of mind increases.
6. Clutter creates chaos and you don’t want a desk that says you are in chaos.
7. An orderly desk is easier to keep clean (physically) when you don’t have to clean around piles and messes.
8. You won’t have to apologize for your workspace.
9. The likelihood of things getting lost or buried decreases dramatically.
10. When you walk into your office and the desk is neat, clean, and orderly, you feel great!
by Meggin McIntosh, Ph.D. | The Ph.D. of Productivity™