Do you use the latest and greatest technology only to find it makes things worse? Does it slow you down, frustrate you, cause you to scream? Tools/technology are meant to help and if they don’t- stop using them. We feel pressured in today’s world to keep up with the times– forced to update and get the latest version. If the current version is working for you then stay with it. Why make things more complicated than they need to be? Do you do online billing only to get the paper statement sent to you? Go back to paper billing. Remember it is ok to stay with what you know and what is working.
Personal note: I still use a paper calendar—I tried to use an online or electronic calendar but it was crazy hard for me. So I use my 8×11 huge, paper calendar and you know what? Works great! ☺
- Do you sleep with your iphone/Blackberry near you?
- Do you text/email while sitting across the table from someone?
- Can you work without your email being open?
- Can you turn the TV/computer off in the evenings and just relax, read– enjoy the night?
- Does your family/staff text you rather than come talk to you or call you?
- Do you get headaches, neck pain, sore thumbs at the end of the day?
Take the 1/2 day challenge:
Reconnect with the world and the people around you by turning off your email, phone, computer, gaming system for 5 straight hours. See what you can get accomplished or who you can reconnect with!
email@example.com ♦ 425-785-5239 ♦ www.organizedinnovations.com
Follow me on TWITTER @Staceyorganizes
Do you have an old cell phone, Ipod or laptop lying around because you don’t know what to do with it? Here are some options for you that not only offer free shipping but may actually PAY you to recycle your old electronic items. Check them out: